About Our Clinic
Muskegon Hearing and Speech Center provides habilitative and rehabilitative audiology services to the deaf and hearing impaired residents of Muskegon and Fremont, MI.
Although in-house clinical audiology services represent 80% of our work, we currently contract with other agencies for the provision of audiology services in house and in the field. We also work cooperatively with local physicians, and area nursing homes. The number of people we see and the number of services we provide are growing each year.
About Hearing Loss
SSHL (Sudden Sensorineural Hearing Loss) is a quick loss of hearing that can happen over a few hours or a few days. The cause of SSHL is only found in 10% – 15% of patients.
- A wide range of hearing assessments
- Hearing aid selection, evaluation, consultation, sales and service
- Hearing screening for adults
- Public information and education
- Audiology services are provided at nursing homes
Educational and Informational Programs
Educational and informational programs are available to the community regarding a wide range of speech and hearing topics including:
- Training for hard-of-hearing adults and parent counseling service
- Specialized diagnostic auditory assessments
- Hearing aid evaluation/selection
- Hearing aid fitting/orientation/training in use
- Auditory training
- Vocational/Educational guidance
- Counseling service for employers of communicatively handicapped
- Ontological examination by referral
- Referrals to Michigan Career Development as indicatedMulti Manufacturer Hearing Aids Available
- Audiological assessment and hearing aid evaluations for infants through adults; medical referrals will be made if necessary
- Making of ear molds, swim plugs and ear protectors for industrial use.
- Repair on hearing aids and ear molds.
- Loaner hearing aids available if your hearing aid goes in for repair.
- Services to hearing impaired.
- Assistive Listening Devices.
We value being a part of the local Muskegon and Fremont MI community and believe in treating our patients like family. We also work cooperatively with local physicians, area nursing homes, the Muskegon Public Health Department and many local industries in the areas of education, information and prevention. We know that every person has different needs, and everyone has a unique lifestyle, that is why we are readily available to answer all your questions and to help you on your journey to better hearing health.
Muskegon Hearing & Speech Center is part of the Hearing Health USA network of healthcare providers, whose patient promise states: “We are dedicated to providing our patients with the highest level of hearing healthcare and to guide each individual through their journey to better hearing.”